Thursday, September 17, 2009

8-23-2009... Kade ishere!!







Kade is finally here!! At 6am on 8/23/09, my water broke!!! It wasn't a huge gush like I had feared so I wasn't positive it was the real deal... and neither was Shane. (We'd had a false alarm 3 days before:) haha) So, we headed up to the hospital and sure enough, Kade was on his way!!! So excited, we made all the phone calls and I was ready for a long day of labor. Things quickly changed, though, because as soon as they gave me the medicine to make me contract regularly, Kade's heart rate went WAY down. Things got pretty scary for us for a little while because this was just so unexpected. Dr. Hager decided that we'd have to do an emergency c-section to keep our baby safe...... So only 1 hour of labor for me, and I was wheeled into the OR and Kade was here at 12:08pm. He was 19 1/2 in. long, and 6 lb 4 oz. He is absolutely perfect and mommy and daddy are VERY VERY proud! It was by far the very best day of my life.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH kade has a blog!!!!
    he is SO cute!!!
    I'm so glad he's home and outta your belly!! That's really cool though that so many of ya'll are having babies so soon. It'll come in very handy for chicken pox parties!!! hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! HE IS SO PERFECT! I'm glad you have a blog now too! I can't stalk you back ;) That's so neat to that we have the same dr! such a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was supposed to be can stalk you back.. not can't

    ReplyDelete