Sunday, January 10, 2010

4 months

Heading to the doctor's office for our 4 month checkup. Look how sweet this little guy is! He is awesome!! So sweet, and always ALWAYS smiling. Ihaven't really been around babies a whole lot until Kade, so everything he does, I just accept as "normal." Anyone who comes to see him, family, friends and even the doctor always comment on how much he smiles. I love it. He puts on a show for you and always wants to be part of the party:). It's crazy how much life changes in just a few short months and you don't even know it's happening. I can't imagine life without him.

I feel a little guilyt for taking these pics at the doctor's office. I take pictures of him ALL THE TIME so it just seemed natural to take them on our visit... After the shots came, I hated myself for trying to record this awful experience. 3 days later, now that the fever is gone, I can write about it without feeling sick myself. Nothing worse than a sick baby!!

Kade is perfect & healthy. :) (Coming from the doctor, not me:)). He weighs 13 lbs exactly, and is 24 1/2 inches long. I can't remember what his head measures but he was in the 25th percentile in all areas. Still a little guy :(, but we're growing!! He was only in the 10th percentile at the last visit so we're progressing. We'll get there! :)



Kade loves loves loves his Daddy! They are bff's for sure! Daddy is the one who calms him down if he's really upset... He had a BIG job while Kade was sick! Kade had a 101 fever for 36 hours. It was AWFUL. I'm so blessed to have a hubby that is so active in Kade's life. We have a 50-50 joint effort all the way. Of course, there are things that each of us is best at (not to toot my own horn but PATIENCE is a big one:)), and that's what makes raising Kade so fun and enjoyable. (I have to throw out there that my mom and maw-maw are HUGE helps to us too). But Shane and Kade have such a cute amazing bond that I am so proud of. I feel so lucky that Shane is such a great Daddy.
Life is good. I'm loving this age. he can hold his head up great, sits in a bumbo and grabs his toys away from me. He loves the dorky songs Shane and I make up. (we're thinking about going into the "cartoon music biz" if there is a career in that- our tunes are pretty catchy!) He's rolled over, though it happens once in a blue moom- but still he CAN do it if he wants. And we're starting him on cereal. Hope he likes it. Maybe REAL food is what he needs to put some meat on them bones!




















1 comment:

  1. poor buddy! shots are awful :( and so are fevers! He sure did look cute though!

    Molly was sick ALL last week. it was the most miserable week EVER. She still has a bad cough but she's hanging in here. poor babies!

    ReplyDelete