Tuesday, March 2, 2010

5th Anniversary

Shane and I spent our 5th anniversary skiing in Vail.... AMAZING! We had a blast with our very best friends in the world. It was REALLY tough leaving Kade. I can't emphasize the REALLY enough! I cried off and on the week before we left. The guilt, sadness, ugh, no good! Luckily, my mom and Maw-Maw put my mind at ease. Shane's mom spent the night with us Thursday night while Shane and I went to the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. Such a great concert, but bad timing being that I was leaving Kade the next day!! We enjoyed it though- as much as we possibly could. :) Kade had a great night and Friday with Granna- and then my mom and Grandma took over the rest of the weekend. They were great, took lots of fun pics with Kade, and spoiled him rotten!! :) It was perfect for me to know that he was ok........... plus, the fact we came home to a spotless house, ALL laundry DONE, and dinner on the table. How in the world??!!!! And, they restained our chairs so they look brand new. No kidding!!
The best part of our trip was sharing it with our best friends. I laughed harder than I have in years!!!! You know, the kind that makes your stomach just ache!!!! The above pic was just a glimpse of how our weekend went. SO MUCH FUN!!!! I love you matt & linds!!!!

Here we are at the hotel bar about to go to dinner. Vail is amazing. Will definitely be back..... but kade will be coming along!


Gettin ready to hit the slopes. I was pleasantly surprised that after not skiing for 8 years, I am still pretty good. I'm not great, but I can enjoy myself and occasionally try a new trick. No, not a jump!!! I was talking about speeding up without a snow plow. haha!!
Of course, shane's first time to ski, and he's better than me. Typical.




This is our town..... Seriously, we LOVE this town. It's like being in a real life village that your mom decorates with for Christmas.... You know those tiny houses, with all the shops... a perfect Christmas destination. The people were sooo friendly and very laid back. They don't get in a hurry for anything. Really..... only got annoying once when we first arrived and needed to get our ski gear rented so we could hit the slopes. But after that, it was really nice. No stress about anything, just a town of fun!



The crew..... We all know each other so well, some might even say too well :) so they were the perfect travel companions.






Here we are leaving because our trip is over... Don't be fooled by those sad faces, we were pumped!!!!! Who wouldn't be when you are headed home after a perfect weekend getaway to this.....????






Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! My man!! He was a smiling fool when we got home. he got me some roses (thanks mimi and mawmaw!!), and was a perfect little sleeper all night long. He's awesome!
AND!!! I woke up this morning and felt his little gums. Sure enough., a little toothie poked through last night. He's getting so big!!






2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how y'alls trip went! Looks and sounds like an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had some fun! I am SO jealous! I miss hitting the slopes so bad! And the occasional hot spiked cider in the lodge as well! We should plan a girls trip!

    ReplyDelete