Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Chapter

Boy howdy, life has changed!!! Daddy just turned 28 and our sweet little boy is now 6 months old... almost 7 months. Still crazy for me to say- I have a 7 month old! Sometimes I still feel pregnant, so how in the world has time gone by so fast??!! But he's "scooting" all over the place and will be mobile very soon. I'm convinced any day he's just gonna push me away and start running. He's totally gonna skip the crawling and go straight to walking. He walks all over the place, not realizing there's someone behind him keeping him upright, haha. He's getting taller and taller, moving all about, and has a big personality- he's reminding me everyday how fast he's
growing up..... which has led me to my big decision.
I put in my resignation from my job today. GASP!!!! Being away from Kade was breaking my heart. I get SUPER depressed on Sundays when I knew I'd be gone at work the next 3 days (still have Thursdays off, which proved to be nothing but a tease for me!!). So, Shane and I did some soul searching and honestly, this was a LONG time coming. I had actually applied for Nursing school right after Kade was born. And a week ago, I got the ACCEPTANCE letter. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Just what I needed to take the plunge. My prayers have been answered and I'm heading back to school. Since I already have my bachelor's degree and all the prerequisites, I'm going thru an accelerated program that I will start in June and graduate in March 2011. And it's 3 days a week (it's intense, but still- only out of the house and away from kade 3 days- totally doable). And I'm staying home with Kade for 2 months prior. And I'll be able to work 1-2 days a week when I graduate and get more time with my lil man. And it's what I had intended doing when I went to college in the first place, better late than never, right?
I'm excited. I'll have the best of both worlds that I want. I'll get a career that I wanted AND lots of time with Kade and my family. This is really the best thing for us. I feel SO much better now that it's out in the open and no longer some secret I'm keeping. I can't wait!!!
I feel so blessed and so lucky to have the best husband in the world. He works so hard for our family and he's letting me quit my job AND go to school. He's so supportive of me and gives me the confidence I need to do the things I want.
So, for the next 2 months, I'll be doing a whole lot of this:

And looking forward to school and finishing school to do even more of this.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Kelsea! I'm really excited for you (and Kade and Shane)! He is so cute . . . I want to see him in person! Maybe soon we can have a playdate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. big news my dear! how great!! retirement is awesome!!! and yes it makes us look at the hubbies and sigh......thank you!! :)
    good luck with schooling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!I'm SO looking forward to my "mini-vacation" and LOVE the sound of retirement!!! :) haha. You guys are both in for it big time.... It's really unbelievable. Your sweet little ones are so lucky already to have you guys as mommies. But seriously, it will blow your mind how you fall in instant love. Get ready girlies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! big news! congratulations! that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete