Thursday, October 29, 2009

2 month checkup


Sweet baby Kade had his 2 month doctor's appointment today..... It was VERY tough on mommy and daddy. Kade did great!! Dr. says he is growing PERFECTLY and everything is great. We're only in the 10th percentile weighing in at 10 lbs :( which for some reason makes me kinda sad. The doctor assures us that this doesn't mean he's going to be a "little guy" forever, it's just he was born little and he's got some catching up to do. We woke up this morning, got Kade bathed and ready, then headed to the doctor to meet up with daddy. Kade slept the whole way there and woke up in a great mood (as he usually does, see below).... too bad the good mood didn't last long. We got our shots. Kade only cried for a couple seconds and then I was able to calm him down. Mommy cried for longer, and I'm pretty sure daddy teared up as well even though I know he'd kill me for writing that. Ugh!! I hate kade being in pain!!! I want to fix it!!! But all in all it went great and he's been sleeping most of the day in his favorite swing. Kade's doing everything he's supposed to be doing and I'm pretty sure he's a genius. :) Mommy and Daddy on the other hand have some work to do. Doctor says we're supposed to leave Kade in his room at 8pm and not go back until 6 in the morning..... YEAH RIGHT! He says we can either be a shuttle service or a chauffer. Congratulations Kade, your parents are chauffers. You win!! haha.






Here are a few more dorky Halloween pics :). I know he's not always going to wear the cutesy stuff I want him to, so I might as well do it now. I'm constantly kissing those sweet cheeks. I just can't get enough of him..... He can't get enough either as you can tell. haha! Below is another one of my favs. Of course, again, daddy got this sweet smile. Kade LOVES mornings and wakes up in such a good mood. Definitely doesn't get that from me!! but he does put me in a good mood now. How could you not be with this sweet face??!!!




3 comments:

  1. Kade is SO stinking cute! I could just eat him up! Glad that the appt went good! that's crazy about what the dr said! well I guess it's not crazy but suprising! I kinda thought that they say babies had to be 11-12 lbs before they were "able" to sleep through night. I didn't realy talk to our dr about the sleeping at our 2 month but I'm def going to bring it up at this appt. these middle of the night feedings are getting old! but she's so hungry haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised too and I KNOW it's impossible at this point. I'm still having to force feed him so we can gain weight. I've never had that problem!! whose child is this??!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! He is so cute!
    Yes the letting them cry it out at night is a little tough, but so worth it. Both mine were 10 pounds when they started sleeping all night, Reese at 8 weeks and Harrison at 9 weeks, Reese cried for maybe a few minutes (which seems like eternity) the first night then was off to sleeping 10 hrs. Harrison went straight for 12 hrs and they both sleep 12 hours now! It is wonderful! You can do it!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete